Mothers Head of family - Limpidity of Endeavor
Limpidity of Endeavor Program’s Poster – A woman, head of family, and Hajjes at Hajj in Mecca are being looked.
This project focuses on the problems and difficulties of women and mothers, who despite the existence of huge and wearing difficulties in their lives they carry life responsibilities and bravely deal with the problems they face. By covering the women under its protection, this project tries to reduce their difficulties and increase their capability f solving their problems and enables them to defend their rights and continue their lives in the human society. Limpidity of Endeavor is a project that focuses on women heads of household with the purpose of fully empowering them.
The project objectives and needs:
- Utilizing the existing sources in Muslim societies to promote women’s conditions
- Drawing the attention of wealthy Muslims, who go for “Hajj” every year, to the conditions deprived women live in.
- Effectively spanning between religious rituals and social processes
- Creating an effective connection between Hajj groups and women heads of households through special groups formed up for the purpose
- Provision of more social protection and security for women heads of households in addition to insurance and governmental entities’ provisions’
- Provision of education for women to enable them to learn about their rights and capabilities
- Providing job opportunities for women heads of households
- Creation of social networks for women heads of households for their social activities
- Holding free of charge educational and art workshops in the regions covered by the Society
- Trying to direct the funds Hajjis’ spend for luxury and other purposes towards the deprived children of women heads of households.
The project outlook:
In short term:
- Promotion of conditions for the women protected under this project and providing the assessed needs
- Promoting the culture in the society and correcting the society’s look towards the women heads of household and drawing attention to solving their problems
- Provision of protection for the selected seven family and focusing on their problems
- Gradually increasing the number of seven families of women protected under the project
- Holding specialized seminars on problems faced with by women heads of household
In mid- term:
- Promotion of the relevant culture among all Hajj caravans in the national level in Iran and implementing the project throughout Iran within the next 5 years
- Creation of popular communication networks for resolving problems of women heads of household
- Accurate scientific assessment of women’s problems and monitoring the problems continuously
- Convening all the entities involved in provision of assistance to women heads of household
In long term:
- Protecting all women heads of household in Iran
- Protecting all women heads of household in neighboring countries of Iran, such as Iraq, Afghanistan, and African countries
- Provision of accurate scientific and international solutions in order to decrease women’s problems
- Establishing “women heads of household community” composed of wealthy women and seven member groups under the Society’s protection to extend assistance to all needy women all around the world
- Economic self sufficiency of all women under Society’s protection.
The short term plan process
- Identifying the target society
- Assessing the needs of target society
- Prioritization of the needs
- Negotiation with Hajj leaders
- promoting the project in the pamphlets, including the ones containing hajj prayers provided to pilgrims
- Educating and meeting the target groups’ needs
This project is already implemented four times between 2007 and 2011. Its first phase, that is its promotion and research activities, inaugurated in 2007 first year. In the following four years, twenty eight women heads of household, including some Afghan nationals, were introduced to Hajjis. The needs of these women were defined as follows, after the relevant assessments were carried out:
Results of psychotherapy activities of the project up to date: The achievements after five years implementing the project have been as follows:
A) Forming up groups of experts
B) Holding individual and group consultancy sessions
The Project’s international view:
This project has the capability of being implemented in all Muslim countries. Hopefully Muslim countries will allocate some amounts for this project to be spent for the poor in Muslim and other countries, especially in Africa, rather than spending for luxury purposes.
A woman, head of family, has found a job at home under protection of IAPSRS. Her little girl is now can have more time with her mother at home